We created this simple salad the other day with items from our veggie garden out back. It can be duplicated as is, or you can use whatever items you have on-hand in your own kitchen or garden!
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground salt & pepper
- Fresh green beans, cut into bite-size lengths
- Cucumber, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- Parsley, leaves removed and left whole
- Lettuce leaves (any dark green variety, we used a mixed lettuce)
- Nasturtiums (or other edible flower), 1 per serving
- Heat 2-3 Tablespoons of olive oil in pan over med-high heat.
- Add green beans and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring often, until slightly browned on a few sides and slightly softened.
- Divide lettuce, cucumber, parsley, and beans into bowls.
- Drizzle on olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Season again with salt and pepper.
- Top with a nasturtium (or other edible) flower!
Bella’s Kitchen: Making Backyard Salad
[youtube id=”6UXX57CUlug” width=”600″ height=”350″]