This carrot zucchini muffins recipe comes from one of our readers, Shannon, who is a mom of two girls in Texas!
She says that she adapted this recipe from Betty Crocker to make it suit their needs, and we are glad that she has shared it with us for everyone to try.
(The photo shows how she made them into donuts one day per her daughter’s request. Fun idea!)
- 1½ cups shredded zucchini (2 medium)
- 1½ cups shredded carrots (3 medium) (can add 1-1.5 extra cups of vegetables if desired.)
- 1½ cups sugar (or 1 cup honey)
- ⅔ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 4 eggs (Follow substitution on Flaxseed box to substitute 2 or 3 of the eggs.)
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour (or 3 cups white wheat flour in place of both all-purpose and whole wheat)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix vegetables, sugar, applesauce, eggs and flaxseed with whisk.
- In separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Add to liquid ingredients and mix until combined.
- Scoop into muffin pans lined with cupcake liners.
- Bake at 350 degrees until done. (Start checking after 20 minutes.) These can also be baked in donut pans or mini muffin pans.