What kid doesn’t like chocolate and strawberries? This is quick and easy just using a blender and pan for the oven. It ends up being more chocolatey than it is sweet, and the strawberries are a great complement.
- 2 TBLspn unsalted butter
- ¾ cup 2% milk (or Soy Milk)
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Sucanat sweetener (or just over an ⅛ cup Agave nectar)
- Confectioner's sugar (for dusting)
- Fresh Strawberries, sliced
- Place butter in large cast-iron/oven-safe skillet and put in oven while it preheats. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Blend milk, eggs, flour, cocoa, salt, vanilla, and sucanat in blender until foamy.
- Pour into hot skillet and return to oven.
- Cook 20 minutes, until puffed and set.
- Top individual slices with strawberries and powdered sugar. Yum!
Bella’s Kitchen: Making Dutch Baby
[youtube id=”UVozPsq8bIg” width=”600″ height=”350″]