This recipe comes from Chrisann, a mom of two in Minnesota.
She writes: “For Nicole’s 9th birthday she had a “Cooking” party. The girls made smoothies, homemade pizzas and decorated their own cupcakes. Instead of a gift, the girls brought money to donate to “Feed My Starving Children”. They also emailed their favorite recipes. Besides an apron, her take-home gift for them was a recipe book. This recipe is an adaptation of one in this recipe book. It is one of our kids’ favorites!”
- 1 pound lean or low-fat sausage
- 1 chopped onion
- One dozen eggs
- Milk (about ¼ cup)
- Your favorite seasonings for eggs (pepper, little garlic powder or chili powder, etc.)
- Favorite Cheese
- 10-inch whole grain tortillas (warmed in the oven)
- Cook sausage, and diced onions until done. Strain & rinse meat mixture to remove grease.
- Scramble the eggs. Mix in milk & your favorite egg seasonings. In the previous sausage pan, cook the eggs. When cooked, add sausage back in and heat.
- Place the egg/sausage mix in the center of a warm tortilla. Top with cheese and wrap. Serve with fruit and enjoy!