This pancake variation is higher in protein, fiber, and flavor than the typical American pancake from the box. They are super easy to make–even the night before–and are also flavorful when eaten on-the-go.
We first stumbled upon this idea during a season when we had a lot of house guests. This breakfast, they said, was a memorable part of their stay with us. Even our return guests ask for these again!
Try this yummy variation as well, and they become Apple Oatmeal Pancakes. Simply lay a piece of thinly sliced apple on the pancake just after you pour it into the pan. Then, cook the same way you would a regular pancake. Mmm…mmm.
- 2 Cups milk (use Soy Milk for extra protein)
- 1½ Cups rolled oats
- 2 eggs
- 1½ TBlspn light olive oil
- ¾ Cup whole wheat flour
- 4 TBlspn Sucanat (or 2 TBlspn Honey)
- 1 TBlspn ground flaxseed
- 1½ tspn baking powder
- ½ tspn salt
- ½ tspn cinnamon
- Add all ingredients to blender. Blend until smooth.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes or store it overnight in the fridge.
- Cook on medium/hot skillet.
- Serve with fresh berries and maple syrup. Yum!