These are my family’s favorite cookies. Warm, chocolately, easy to make, and no huge sugar crash because of the more natural sweetener.
We use sucanat sweetener in all of our chocolate recipes. We used to use agave until we learned about the high fructose content and realized the sucanat was a healthier choice. The chocolate really allows you to change up the sweetener without changing the flavor.
- 1½ cup sucanat sweetener
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour (or whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2½ cup rolled oats
- 6 oz dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix butter and sugar in large bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and mix.
- Add chocolate chips last.
- Bake on a cookie sheet for 10-12 minutes.