This is a very sweet and light cornbread–a great complement to a bowl of chili!
I got this recipe from an amazing couple who did our marriage counseling over in Germany.
She would host dinner events all the time, and I grabbed more than one of her recipes!
Thank you, Dawn Physioc, for sharing your home and hospitality!
The only thing I changed from the original recipe is the type of sugar we use. I am trying to replace all of our white granulated sugar with a healthier alternative, so this recipe uses sucanat instead. Honestly, though, you would never know the difference in taste!
- 8x8 Pan
- ½ cup Sucanat (or equal amount of granulated sugar)
- 5 Tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 Cups Heart Healthy Bisquick
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup Sucanat (or granulated sugar)
- ½ cup cornmeal
- 3 cups Heart Healthy Bisquick
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ cup milk
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
- Choose your pan size.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl just until combined. Batter should still look chunky.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until knife in center comes out clean. Do NOT overbake!