In our home, lunch comes in a variety of forms. It could be a salad one day, dinner leftovers, or a simple sandwich with fruit. Sometimes lunch is eaten on-the-go. Either way, the healthiest way to eat lunch is something homemade.
Our oldest daughter has been in school now for two years, and I can testify that the American school lunch program still falls far short of excellent nutrition. We prefer to pack our own lunches for school and work, and we have stumbled upon some great healthy lunch recipes along the way.
- Natural Peanut Butter
- Ground Flaxseed
- Jelly (or crushed fresh berries!)
- 4 slices Whole wheat/whole grain bread
- In a small bowl, mix together 4 TBLspns peanut butter and 1 TBLspn ground flaxseed.
- Spread some onto each piece of bread, using it all up.
- Add your jelly/berries to two pieces of bread and assemble sandwiches.